Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Pomersbach replaces Chanderpaul in CPL

West Indies batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul has withdrawn from the inaugural edition of the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) due to contractual obligations with English county Derbyshire. He will be replaced in the St Lucia franchise by Australia batsman Luke Pomersbach. 


Shivnarine Chanderpaul

Chanderpaul signed a contract with CPL offering himself for selection but later realised that his commitment to Derbyshire allowed a release only if it pertained to playing for West Indies. 

"I am extremely sorry that I will not be able to participate in the CPL because of contractual obligations," Chanderpaul said. "I would definitely like to make myself available for the next edition, and will have my contracts carry a clause that will permit me to play in future editions of T20 tournaments."

No comments:

Post a Comment